You are here
Dr. Jeffrey G. Williamson
|Office:||2113 Fifield Hall|
|For more information, visit Dr. Williamson's website.|
Areas of Research
- Small fruit horticulture
- Improving efficiency of small fruit production practices
- Ph.D., Horticulture, Clemson University (1987)
- M.S., Horticulture, Auburn University (1983)
- B.S., Horticulture, Auburn University (1980)
- HOS 6934 - Professional Seminar Preparation
- FRC 3274 - Tree and Small Fruit Production
Work and International Experiences
- University of Florida, Professor, 08/98 to present
- University of Florida, Associate Professor, 08/92 to 08/98
- University of Florida, Assistant Professor, 07/87 to 08/92
Honors and Awards
- Florida State Horticultural Society – Best Paper in Krome Memorial Section, 2009
- Florida State Horticultural Society – Presidential Gold Medal Award, 2010
- Eric Ostmark, Biological Scientist
- Al Kovaleski, M.S. Student
- Bruno Casamali, M.S. Student
- Buran, T.J., A.K. Saudhu, A.M. Azeredo, A.H. Bent, J.G. Williamson, and L. Gu, 2012. Effect of exogenous abscisic acid on fruit quality, antioxidant capacities, and phytochemical contents of southern highbush blueberries.Food Chemistry. 132:1375-1381.
- Darnell, R.L., N. Cruz-Huerta, and J.G. Williamson, 2012. Night temperature and source sink effects on overall growth, cell number and cell size in bell pepper ovaries.Annals of Botany 110:987-994.
- Kao, M.W.S., J.K. Brecht, J.G. Williamson, and D.J. Huber, 2012. Ripening Development and Quality of Melting and Non-melting Flesh Peach Cultivars.Hortscience 47:879-885.
- Yang, C., W.S. Lee, and J.G. Williamson, 2012. Classification of blueberry fruit and leaves based on spectral signatures.Biosystems Engineering 113:351-362.
- Cruz-Huerta, N., J. G. Williamson and R. L. Darnell. 2011. Low Night Temperature Increases Ovary Size in Sweet Pepper Cultivars. HortScience. 46:396-401.
- Williamson, J.G. and J.H. Crane. 2010. Best management practices for temperate and tropical/subtropical fruit crops in Florida: Current practices and future challenges. HortTechnology. 20: 111-119.
- Dourte, D.R., D.Z. Haman and J.G. Williamson. 2010. Crop water requirements of mature southern highbush blueberries. International Journal of Fruit Science. 10(3): 235-248.
Extension (EDIS) publications
- Guodong Liu, J.G. Williamson and K.G. England., 2012. How to Calculate Fertigation Injection Rates for Commercial Blueberry Production. UF/IFAS. EDIS, HS1197. http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/HS/HS119700.pdf
- Williamson, J.G, J.W. Olmstead and P.M. Lyrene. 2012. Florida's Commercial Blueberry Industry. EDIS, HS742. http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/AC/AC03100.pdf
- Williamson, J.G, J.W. Olmstead and P.M. Lyrene. 2012. Reproductive Growth and Development of Blueberry. EDIS, HS976. http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/HS/HS22000.pdf
- Williamson, J.G., P.M. Lyrene and J.W. Olmstead. 2012. Blueberry Gardener's Guide. EDIS, Cir. 1192. http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/MG/MG35900.pdf
- Williamson, J.G., P.M. Lyrene and J.W. Olmstead. 2012. Protecting Blueberries from Freezes in Florida. EDIS, HS968. http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/HS/HS21600.pdf
- Williamson, J.G., P.F. Harmon, O.E. Liburd and P.D. Dittmar. 2012. The 2013 Florida Blueberry Integrated Pest Management Guide. EDIS, HS1156. http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/HS/HS38000.pdf