You are here
Stone Fruit at the University of Florida
New Issues and Events
Check in periodically for pest alerts and announcements for field days and the Calendar of Events.
- Peach Marketing Order Public Hearing/Central Florida Peach Roundable
- DATE: May 12th, 2015
- TIME: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- LOCATION: Pasco County Extension Office, Dade City, FL
- Pasco County Fairgrounds
36702 State Road 52
Dade City, FL 33525-5198
- Lunch will be provided by Tim Wood and Growers Fertilizer Corporation. Please RSVP to: Gail Crawford.
- 2nd Peach Marketing Order Public Hearing
- DATE: May 20th, 2015
- TIME: 2:00 PM
- LOCATION: Polk County Extension Office, Bartow, FL
- Summer Pruning Workshop
- DATE: June 12th, 2015
- TIME: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- LOCATION: Dade City, FL (More details to come soon).
Peach Establishment and Production Budgets for Download
Order Flordaguard seed today for your propagation needs. Contact Mercy Olmstead
UF Stone Fruit Program History
How did the Stone Fruit program start? Find out what other fruits were bred in this program before peaches, nectarines and plums.
Stone Fruit Production in Florida
Where to start? This page has information on how to establish an orchard, manage diseases, weeds, and pests, and all aspects of production.
Related Links and Resources
Stone Fruit Varieties and Availability
Find out what the latest varieties are and their availability at regional nurseries.
The "Just Peachy" Blog
What's going on in Florida or the American peach world? Follow our blog to get updates for new entries!
Here are some of our new topics:
- Another warm winter on tap!
- Forming a Peach Growers Association