You are here
Dr. Lincoln Zotarelli
|Office:||1241 Fifield Hall|
Areas of Specialization
Vegetable production with emphasis on irrigation and nutrient management
Water conservation in irrigation systems
Conventional vegetable production systems
- Ph.D., Agronomy, Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro, Seropédica, Brazil (2005)
- M.S., Agronomy, Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro, Seropédica, Brazil (2000)
- B.S., Agronomy, Universidade Estadual de Maringá, Maringá, Brazil (1997)
- Irrigation water management of vegetable crops
- Fertilization of vegetable crops
- Modified cultural practices and evaluation of potential new genetic material more adapted to Florida growing conditions
- UF-IFAS Vegetable Variety Trials Website http://hos.ufl.edu/extension/variety-trials
Work and International Experiences
- Assistant Professor, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (2010-present)
- Assist. Research Scientist, Agricultural & Biological Engineering Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida (2007-2010)
- Postdoctoral researcher, Agronomy Department and Agricultural & Biological Engineering Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida (2005-2007)
- Assistant Professor, Agronomy Dept., Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Londrina, PR, Brazil (2003-2005)
- Visiting Scholar, Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado (2001)
- Visiting Scholar, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), Perth, Australia (2000)
- Pam Solano, Biological Scientist
- Christian Christensen, Ph.D. Candidate
- Emmanuel Torres-Quezada, Ph.D. Candidate
- Andre Biscaia, Ph.D. Student
- Heraldo Takao Hashiguti - Research Scholar - Ph.D. student of State University of Maringa, Brazil
- Fernanda Krupek, Intern - undergraduate student of Agronomy from University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Rodrick Mwatuawa, Visiting Scholar - Malawi
Raymundo, R., S. Asseng, R. Prassad, U. Kleinwechter, J. Concha, B. Condori, W. Bowen, J. Wolf, J.E. Olesen, Q. Dong, L. Zotarelli, M. Gastelo, A. Alva, M. Travasso, R. Quiroz, V. Arora, W. Graham, C. Porter. 2016. Performance of the SUBSTOR-potato model across contrasting growing conditions. Field Crops Research. doi:10.1016/j.fcr.2016.04.012.
Reyes-Cabrera, J., L. Zotarelli, M.D. Dukes, D.L. Rowland., S.A. Sargent. 2016. Soil moisture distribution under drip irrigation and seepage for potato production. Agricultural Water Management. 169: 183-192.
Paranhos, L.G., Barrett, C.E.g, L. Zotarelli, R.L. Darnell, K. Migliaccio, T. Borisova. 2016. Planting date and in-row plant spacing effects on growth and yield of cabbage under plastic mulch. Scientia Horticulturae. 202: 49-56.
Rens, L.R., L. Zotarelli, A. Alva, D.L. Rowland, G. Liu, K.T. Morgan. 2016a. Fertilizer nitrogen uptake efficiencies for potato as influenced by application timing. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. 104: 175-185.
Liao, X., Z. Su, G. Liu, L. Zotarelli, C. Snodgrass. 2016. Impact of soil moisture and temperature on potato production using seepage and center pivot irrigation. Agricultural Water Management. 165: 230-236.
Rens, L.R., L. Zotarelli, D.J. Cantliffe, P. Stoffella, D. Gergela, D. Fourman. 2016b. Commercial evaluation of seasonal distribution of nitrogen fertilizer for potato. Potato Research. 59: 1-20.
Migliaccio, K.W., K.T. Morgan, G. Vellidis, L. Zotarelli, C. Fraisse, D. Rowland, J.H. Andreis, J.H. Crane. 2016. Smartphone apps for irrigation scheduling. Transaction of ASABE. 59(1): 291-301.
Makani, M.N., S.A. Sargent, L. Zotarelli, D.J. Huber, C.A. Sims. 2015. Irrigation method and harvest time affect storage quality of two early-season, tablestock potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) cultivars. Scientia Horticulturae. 197: 428-433.
Rens, L.R., L. Zotarelli, D.J. Cantliffe, P. Stoffella, D. Gergela, D. Fourman. 2015a. Rate and timing of nitrogen fertilizer application on potato 'FL1867' Part II: Marketable yield and tuber quality. Field Crops Research. 183: 267-275.
Zotarelli, L., L.R. Rensg, D.J. Cantliffe, D. Gergela, P. Stoffella, D. Fourman. 2015. Rate and timing of nitrogen fertilizer application on potato 'FL1867' Part I: plant nitrogen uptake and soil nitrogen availability. Field Crops Research. 183: 246-256.
Barrett, C.E., L. Zotarelli, L.G. Paranhosg, P. Dittmar, C.W. Fraisse, J.J. VanSickle. 2015. Optimum planting configuration for commercial high population plasticulture grown cabbage. HortScience 50: 1472-1478.
Byrd, S.A., D.L. Rowland, J. Bennett, L. Zotarelli, D. Wright, A. Alva, J. Nordgaard. 2015. The relationship between sap flow and commercial soil water sensor readings in irrigated potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) production. American Journal of Potato Research. 92: 582-592.
Rens, L.R. , L. Zotarelli, D.J. Cantliffe, D. Gergela, P. Stoffella, D. Fourman. 2015b. Biomass accumulation, marketable yield, and quality of Atlantic potato in response to nitrogen. Agronomy Journal. 107: 931-942.
Zotarelli, L., L.R. Rens, D.J. Cantliffe, D. Gergela, P. Stoffella, D. Fourman. 2014. Nitrogen fertilizer rate and application timing for chipping Potato ‘Atlantic’. Agronomy Journal. 106: 2215-2226.
Byrd, S.A., D.L. Rowland, J. Bennett, L. Zotarelli, D. Wright, A. Alva, J. Nordgaard. 2014. Reductions in a commercial potato irrigation schedule during tuber bulking in Florida: physiological, yield, and quality effects. Journal of Crop Improvement. 28: 660-679.
Reyes-Cabrera, J., L. Zotarelli, M.D. Dukes, S.A. Sargent, D.L. Rowland. 2014. Drip as alternative irrigation method for potato in Florida sandy soils. American Journal of Potato Research. 91: 504-516.
Haynes, K.G., D. Gergela, X. Qu, M.W. Peck, G.C. Yencho, M.E. Clough, M.R. Henninger, D.E. Halseth, G.A. Porter, P.C. Ocaya, L. Zotarelli, S. Menasha, B.J. Christ, and C. Hutchinson. 2014. Elkton: A new potato variety with resistance to internal heat necrosis for chipping directly from the field in the south. American Journal of Potato Research. 91: 269-276.
Gelcer, E., C.W. Fraisse, K. Dzotsi, Z. Hu1, R. Mendes, L. Zotarelli. 2013. Effects of El Niño southern oscillation on the space-time variability of agricultural reference index for drought in midlatitudes. Agriculture and Forest Meteorology. 174-175: 100-128.
Zotarelli, L., N.P. Zatorre, B.J.R. Alves, C.P. Jantalia, J.C. Franchini, S. Urquiaga, R.M. Boddey. 2012. Influence of no-tillage and frequency of a green manure legume in crop rotations on balancing N outputs and preserving soil organic C stocks. Field Crop Research. 132: 185-195.
Zotarelli, L., M.D. Dukes, J.M.S. Scholberg, K.L. Femminella, and R. Munoz Carpena 2011. Irrigation scheduling of green bell pepper using capacitance soil moisture sensors. Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. 137: 73-81.
Dukes, M.D., L. Zotarelli, K.T. Morgan. 2010. Use of irrigation technologies for vegetable crops in Florida. HortTechnology. 20: 133-142.